Insight into the Future of Sustainable Construction: Solid Wood Solutions
We are faced with two major issues of our time – climate change and a soaring population. Before us we have immense construction challenges whilst mitigating the environmental impact. We are steeped in conventional construction and it is hard to envisage a future in a different direction. Over the last decade, a renaissance in structural timber architecture has taken place with the development of new building systems and design strategies, elevating wood to a rival of concrete and steel construction for a variety of building types.
Solid Wood Solutions conference and exhibition, celebrates the dawn of this new era - taking place on the 05 July 2018 at the Oculus building at the University of Warwick, with its outstanding roof featuring massive glulam arches.
As engineered timber technology is one of the fastest growing offsite methods of construction, this event is designed to inspire and inform through informative case studies presented by those who designed, engineered and developed celebrated solid wood structures such as:
• The ground-breaking Warner Stand at Lords Cricket Ground
• The multi award winning Macallan Distillery
• The inspirational cancer treatment centre - Maggie’s, Oldham
• The pioneering Blackdale Student Residences
• The magnificent venue for the event – The Oculus - Warwick University
...plus many more!
• Giancarlo Torpiano - Structural Engineer at Arup
• Jonathan Roynon - Associate Director at Buro Happold
• Kelly Harrison - Associate at Heyne Tillett Steel
• John Spittle - Sales Director for England & Wales at Wiehag
• Nic Clark - Managing Director at KLH UK
• Gavin White - Director at Ramboll
• Kevin Flanagan - Partner at PLP Architecture
• David Lomax - Senior Associate at Waugh Thistleton
• Neil Eaton - Director at Berman Guedes Stretton Architects
• Daniel Kreissig - Sales & Estimation UK at ZÜBLIN Timber
• Max Garcia - Design & Engineering Manager Carbon Dynamic
• Robin Lancashire - Senior Timber Frame Consultant TRADA
• Darren Richards - Managing Director at Cogent Consulting
• Niall Crosson - Group Technical Manager at Ecological Building Systems UK
• Robert Hairstans - Head of the Centre for Offsite Construction & Innovative Structures at Edinburgh Napier
The event will consist of a bespoke exhibition of companies from within the CLT, LVL and glulam technology sectors, plus complementary solutions such as SIPS and cladding/fenestration solutions. The conference programme, which has been developed for architects, designers, engineers, specifiers, contractors and clients - features leading pioneers and innovators from the solid wood sector.
Tickets are just £125 +VAT which includes refreshments and lunch – to book your place go to: www.solidwoodsolutions.co.uk/book